Multi-PLATINUM selling Thomas Rhett spent his childhood listening to the sounds of the FM radio. He would regularly flip from one station to another, cranking up a mix of country, pop, R&B, rap, rock, and oldies. It was a tangle of music. Decades later, he’s tipping his hat to those days with TANGLED UP (The Valory Music Co.) out Sept. 25, an album that mixes the sound of his influences with equal doses of groove, melody and twang.
“I didn’t grow up listening to just one style of music,” shares Thomas Rhett. “So, I don’t know how to write just one style of music. Whether these songs have more of a pop influence or more of a hip-hop influence or a completely country influence, they all — in some crazy way — cohesively sound like a me song.”
Produced by a combination of music’s most respected and fresh talent, the 13-track album is filled with party anthems, dance tunes, drinking songs, love ballads, and everything in between, all tied together by a dynamic singer who’s unafraid to blur the lines between genres. The record was written across the country before and after shows, while Thomas Rhett’s body was still flushed with adrenaline.
“At our shows, there aren’t any rules,” Thomas Rhett continues. “There’s no such thing as standing still and just singing a song. I love jumping into the crowd. I love to dance. The whole show is very uptempo, high energy, and completely unpredictable.”
Maybe that’s why TANGLED UP feels like such an upbeat, energetic record. Its “retro, contemporary and edgy” (Billboard) first single “Crash And Burn” has already climbed into the Top 10 and earned GOLD certification long before the album’s release.
TANGLED UP TRACK LIST:
1. Anthem (Nicolle Galyon, Shane McAnally, Jimmy Robbins)
2. Crash & Burn (Jesse Frasure, Chris Stapleton)
3. South Side (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Chris Stapleton)
4. Die A Happy Man (Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur)
5. Vacation (Thomas Rhett, Thomas Allen, Harold Brown, Morris Dickerson, Sean Douglas, Gerry Goldstein, Leroy Jordan, Charles Miller, Lee Osker, Andreas Schuller, Howard Scott, Joe Spargur, Ricky Reed, John Ryan)
6. Like It’s the Last time (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip)
7. T-Shirt (Ashley Gorley, Luke Laird, Shane McAnally)
8. Single Girl (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman, Ben Hayslip)
9. The Day You Stop Looking Back
(Jaren Johnston, Luke Laird)
10. Tangled (Chris DeStefano, Adam Hoffman, Matt Lipkins, Josh Osborne, Scott Schwartz)
11. Playing With Fire feat. Jordin Sparks* (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Ashley Gorley)
12. I Feel Good feat. Lunch Money Lewis** (Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Teddy Geiger, Jacob Hindlin, Gamal Lewis, Charlie Puth, Joe Spargur)
13. Learned it From the Radio* (Nicolle Galyon, Ashley Gorley, Jimmy Robbins)
Produced by Dann Huff and Jesse Frasure
*Produced by Chris DeStefano
**Produced by Joe London