With his upcoming album Texoma Shore, country superstar Blake Shelton keeps it close to home – literally, in the case of the song “At The House.” As the November 3 release day approaches, the Warner Bros. / Warner Music Nashville artist takes time to talk about the stories behind some of his favorite tracks from the record.
“‘At The House’ is, I think, part of the reason I decided to name the album Texoma Shore,” said Shelton. “I was spending a lot of time this past summer out on Lake Texoma. There was one week in particular where it was just Gwen and I out there just basically hanging out. We finally had some time off, so we went out on the water every day, went back up to the house every night and just had one of the greatest times of my life. We were listening to this song and relating to it and realizing, ‘Man, this is one of those summers that we’re always going to remember.’”
Shelton’s latest feel-good tune describes how sometimes taking it easy can make for the best kind of night. He will take the song, penned by Jamie Moore and Craig Wiseman, to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon stage on October 30 ahead of album release at the end of the week.
“At The House” comes second on the Texoma Shore track listing (below) behind lead single “I’ll Name The Dogs.” After only six weeks at country radio, the single is already approaching the Top 10 and boasts more than 11 million on-demand streams. Rolling Stone praised the song, declaring that “Blake Shelton just laid claim to the next big country wedding song.” Fans can download “I’ll Name The Dogs” instantly when they pre-order the album.
TEXOMA SHORE TRACK LISTING
1. I’ll Name The Dogs (Matt Dragstrem, Ben Hayslip, Josh Thompson)
2. At The House (Jamie Moore, Craig Wiseman)
3. Beside You Babe (Abe Stoklasa, Mark Trussell)
4. Why Me (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Ross Copperman)
5. Money (Craig Wiseman, James Bailey, Ryan Ogren)
6. Turnin’ Me On (Blake Shelton, Jessi Alexander, Josh Osborne)
7. The Wave (Josh Osborne, Ross Copperman)
8. Got The T-Shirt (Matt Jenkins, Jessi Alexander, Chase McGill)
9. Hangover Due (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem)
10. When The Wine Wears Off (Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman)
11. I Lived It (Ashley Gorley, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman)
Produced by Scott Hendricks