Vince Gill releases his new album, Down to My Last Bad Habit, Friday (February 12th). The 12-song record was written/co-written and co-produced by Vince and Justin Niebank. The collection features special guests such as Little Big Town on the Oklahoma native’s new single, “Take Me Down,” as well as newcomer Cam, trumpeter Chris Botti, Charlie Worsham, Ashley Monroe and his two daughters Jenny and Corrina.
“I think that with every record, you’re at the mercy of the songs you’ve shown up with,” says Vince. “I don’t think there’s a conscious effort on my part to say, ‘Okay, I’m going to really rock this record out really hard.’ Do I point all the songs that I’m writing that way maybe? I’ve had songs come to me as it comes to me. Then honestly, pick the best songs. That’s another thing you learn as time goes on. Let’s just go with the best songs.”
Vince will hit the road with his pal, Lyle Lovett, on their Songs and Stories Tour next week.
Down To My Last Bad Habit Track Listing:
1. “Reasons for the Tears I Cry” (Vince Gill)
2. “Down to My Last Bad Habit” (Vince Gill, Al Anderson)
3. “Me and My Girl” (Vince Gill)
4. “Like My Daddy Did” (Vince Gill)
5. “Make You Feel Real Good” (Vince Gill)
6. “I Can’t Do This” (Vince Gill, Catt Gravitt, Brennen Hunt)
7. “My Favorite Movie” (Vince Gill and Ashley Monroe)
8. “One More Mistake I Made” (Vince Gill, Adrianne Duarte)
9. “Take Me Down” (Vince Gill, Richard Marx, Jillian Jacqueline)
10. “I’ll Be Waiting for You” (Vince Gill, Leslie Satcher)
11. “When It’s Love” (Vince Gill, Richard Marx)
12. “Sad One Comin’ On (A Song for George Jones)” (Vince Gill)
To celebrate the release of Down To My Last Habit, Gill will be performing a FREE show today, February 12, at 6:00pm at Ernest Tubb Record Shop located at 417 Broadway, Nashville, TN.