Exciting news for rising country newcomer Brett Young as his debut single, “Sleep Without You,” reaches No. 1 on the Country Aircheck/Mediabase chart. In addition to celebrating his hit single, Young revealed to fans via facebook that he is set to release his self-titled debut album on February 10.
“It is such a surreal feeling to have my first single go No. 1!” exclaimed Brett. “I moved to Nashville three years ago and have been so lucky to work the best writers in town and am so excited to finally announce that my debut album will be coming out on February 10.”
- “Sleep Without You” | Brett Young, Kelly Archer, Justin Ebach
- “You Ain’t Here to Kiss Me” | Brett Young, Matt Alderman, Tiffany Goss
- “Left Side of Leavin’” | Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
- “In Case You Didn’t Know” | Brett Young, Tyler Reeve, Kyle Schlienger, Trent Tomlinson
- “Like I Loved You” | Brett Young, Jesse Lee
- “Beautiful Believer” | Brett Young, Jason Adamo, Annie Wildgen
- “Back on the Wagon” | Brett Young, Jessi Alexander, Josh Thompson
- “Memory Won’t Let Me” | Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Steven Dale Jones
- “Olivia Mae” | Brett Young, Ben Caver
- “Makin’ Me Say” | Cary Barlowe, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
- “Close Enough” | Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
- “Mercy” | Brett Young, Sean McConnell
Record execs at Young’s label BMLG Label Group speak very highly of the rising star. Scott Borchetta, President/CEO BMLG Label Group, shared, “I couldn’t be more proud of Brett and our great BMLG Records & Big Machine Music teams. A perfect example of artist, label and publishing working together and delivering a masterful record by a very promising new artist.”
“The first time I heard Brett’s voice it just stopped me in my tracks. It was so musical and unique. And a really great guy to boot! He just has it all,” said BMLG Records President Jimmy Harnen.
“Brett is a true triple threat and to have his debut single go all the way is a very, very special achievement,” noted Matthew Hargis, VP/Promotion BMLG Records. “Thanks to my great promotion staff, Country Radio, SXM/The Highway and all our broadcasting believers and Country fans for this awesome accomplishment.”
While Brett gets ready to wrap up 2016 with a #1 single, 2017 is already promising a bright path ahead for the singer/songwriter. Young is gearing up for his second single, “In Case You Didn’t Know,” to head to country radio on January 9, and pre-orders for his debut self-titled album will be available on January 13.