Singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Josh Kelley will release his first new music in five years, New Lane Road, with new partner Sugar Hill Records on Friday, April 22.
Kelley devoted three years to writing, engineering and producing, playing most of the instruments himself on this very personal project.
“This record is the most me of any record I’ve ever made,” Kelley asserts. “It’s the most honest I’ve ever been, and it’s the best subject matter I’ve ever had to write about. When I was first coming up, I was young and inexperienced, and I had to make things up. Now that I’m older and I’ve traveled the world and had kids and have seen more and felt more, I have things to write songs about.”
The full album will be available for preorder Friday, March 18. Fans who preorder the album will receive an instant download for the lead single track “It’s Your Move.”
New Lane Road Track Listing:
1. “It’s Your Move” (Josh Kelley/Rachel Thibodeau/Ben Glover)
2. “The Rock Who Found a Rollin’ Stone” (Josh Kelley)
3. “Call It What It Is” (Josh Kelley/Charles Kelley/Alan Chang)
4. “Take It On Back” (Josh Kelley/Charles Kelley/Tommy King)
5. “The Best of Me” (Josh Kelley/Rachel Thibodeau/Kyle Jacobs)
6. “New Lane Road” (Josh Kelley)
7. “One Foot in the Grave” (Josh Kelley/Jesse Valenzuela/Danny Wilde)
8. “Anywhere You Wanna Go” (Josh Kelley)
9. “Cowboy Love Song” (Josh Kelley/Clint Lagerberg)
10. “I’ll Be Standin’ Tall” (Josh Kelley)
11. “Life’s Too Short” (Josh Kelley/Clint Lagerberg/Sean McConnell)
12. “Only God Can Stop Her Now” (Josh Kelley/Rachel Thibodeau/Jason Sever)
For more information, visit www.joshkelley.com or follow on Twitter @JoshBKelley and www.facebook.com.