MCA Nashville recording artist David Nail is set to release his third album I’m A Fire on March 4th. On I’m A Fire, the Grammy nominated Missouri native teamed back up with Frank Liddell, Chuck Ainlay and Glenn Worf at the helm.
I’m A Fire has started off with a bang by the first single off the album, “Whatever She’s Got,” reaching GOLD Certification by the RIAA. The hit single, a song that Nail recorded for his wife Catherine, currently sits in the top-10 on the Billboard Country Airplay charts and continues to rise fast.
Nail, who co-wrote four of the 11 songs, says “There’s so many moments on this record that make me think about the last four years that I’ve been married, and I’m a Fire just sums it all up.” He adds “It [the title track] says, ‘I’ve walked through flames, come out on the other end, and the foremost reason is because of you.’”
Many of Nashville’s finest songwriters are featured on the album. Along with David, you can also find songs by Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Scooter Carusoe, Jay Knowles, Lee Thomas Miller, Neil Thrasher, Jaren Johnston, Tom Douglas and even Brett Eldredge.
I’m A Fire boasts 11 tracks including “When They’re Gone (Lyle County)” which features harmonies by past tour mates Little Big Town, “Kiss You Tonight” a song that expresses the strong emotion that we all feel at some point in our lives for another, the steamy “Burnin’ Bed” and one of the most special moments on the album, the cover of Glen Campbell’s “Galveston;” which Nail turns into a duet with in one of country music’s sweetest songbirds, Lee Ann Womack.
Full track listing for I’m A Fire:
1. Whatever She’s Got [Written by Jimmy Robbins and Jon Nite]
2. Broke My Heart [Written by David Nail, Scooter Carusoe and Jonathan Singleton]
3. Burnin’ Bed [Written by Bob DiPiero, Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally]
4. When They’re Gone (Lyle County) [Written by Brett Eldredge and Scooter Carusoe]
5. Brand New Day [Written by David Nail, Scooter Carusoe and Shane McAnally]
6. Kiss You Tonight [Written by David Cook, Jay Knowles and Trent Summar]
7. The Secret [Written by David Nail and Scooter Carusoe]
8. Countin’ Cars [Written by Lee Thomas Miller, Michael Dulaney and Neil Thrasher]
9. Easy Love [Written by David Nail and Lee Thomas Miller]
10. I’m A Fire [Written by Jaren Johnston and Tom Douglas]
11. Galveston [Written by Jimmy L. Webb]