Backstage Creations, specialists in award show gifts and custom backstage Celebrity Retreats™, produced the “Celebrity Retreat™” at the American Country Awards from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
Country superstar Trace Adkins and Danica Patrick served as co-hosts for the American Country Awards. The show featured performances by some of country music’s top talent and the hottest new artists such as Florida Georgia Line, Jake Owen with Billy Gibbons, Kellie Pickler plus presenters like Olivia Newton-John, Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery plus more.
The gift items selected for the Celebrity Retreat include:
· BigR Audio- Kellie Pickler and Olivia Newton-John both mentioned that they “loved the wood grain” style.
· Olivia Newton-John cooed over the black cowboy boots and said “I could even wear these out with my dress right now”. Singer Dan King mentioned “he’s hoping to win brownie points with his girlfriend, with an exclusive pair of BOTTERO boots from Brazil!”
· Jake Owen mentioned that “after 4 years of good use, he had to retire his McFadin bag as toothpaste ruined it and he was excited to replace it!”
· ZZ Top legend Billy Gibbons stated that he loves the skincare product. “My skin is very finicky and I’ve been using NeriumAD for almost a year, it really helps to keep my face moisturized.”
· Singer Colt Ford, tried North Shore Goodies peanut butter and was caught saying that the product was so good it was “borderline criminal.”
· Country heartthrob Dustin Lynch was excited to try out Tronical Tune, “I have so many guitars, I don’t know which one to put it on.”
Gift Bag items also include:
· ABCmouse.com – The gift of learning from ABCmouse.com! ABCmouse.com is an award winning educational site for young children ages 2 to 6. The site offers a complete online curriculum that meets common core and states’ standards for preschool, pre-k, and kinergarten. The curriculum is presented through more than 3,000 fun and engaging educational activities, including books, games, animations, puzzles, art activities, songs, and printables. The site is completely safe and child-friendly, with no pop-ups, off-site links, or advertising. www.abcmouse.com
· CACAO ART CHOCOLATES – Artisan chocolates handmade with luxurious Venezuelan cacao. www.CacaoArt.com
· Cliffside Malibu – The book “Ending Addiction for Good: The Ground-Breaking, Holistic, Evidence-Based Way to Transform Your Life.” www.cliffsidemalibu.com
· Big Smo enjoyed Clutch Jewelry, especially one necklace that he mentioned “I love this necklace, I am going to wear it at the show tonight for good luck.”
· Dooney & Bourke – The Cabriolet Weekender is the ultimate chic travel bag from iconic American leather goods company Dooney & Bourke. Made of rugged cabriolet twill and trimmed with bridle leather, it features an adjustable shoulder strap, and a roomy interior with multiple pockets. www.dooney.com
· Invitation Consultants – Invitation consultants personalized gift stickers are the perfect way to express your style! www.invitationconsultants.com
· Katin – The Original California Surf Company. www.katinusa.com
· Randy Houser was enthused about Kong Company as his dog loves these toys, “We play with it together all the time.”
· L’eclisse Cosmetics – Premium luxury makeup & skin care that uses nature’s finest ingredients to celebrate the prettiest package of all – you. Each bag will contain natural lip gloss, pressed mineral foundation and setting powder plus blush make up brush. www.leclissecosmetic.com
· Powerocks – Compact and powerful, these colorful, portable charges will recharge your mobile devices on-the-go when life takes you away from an electrical outlet. www.powerocksusa.com
· Vintage Heartland – Inspired by the romantic lyrics sung in country music and our love for vintage style we introduce Vintage Heartland lingerie. Gifted to the celebrities, is our Exquisite “Crystal” collection which features spectacular ribbon and embroidery detailing for that special country night. www.vintageheartland.com
· Yankee Candle – Two popular scents of the season, Sparkling Cinnamon and Sparkling Snow™ from Yankee Candle. www.yankeecandle.com
· Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co – 5 Focus is available in two eye-opening flavors, spearmint & peppermint, which both include a blast of menthol to shock chewers’ senses and awaken their minds.
City of Hope – Celebrities were invited to autograph a Natal Snare Drum that will be donated to City of Hope for an exclusive online auction to raise money for their groundbreaking research. City of Hope is a leading research, treatment and education center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. City of Hope is ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer and urology by U.S. News & World Report and is designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the highest honor bestowed by the National Cancer Institute. www.cityofhope.org
Scotty McCreery was excited to see a charity he has worked with represented in the suite. He videotaped a message for patients in treatment his holiday season to draw hope from music, reminding everyone “in tough times and in good times there is always a song for you.”
Fresh from People’s Sexiest Men issue, the Property Brothers, Drew and Jonathan Scott shared the message. “For us, the holidays are all about family so we send our love to you.”
Olivia Newton-John said “City of Hope is a wonderful organization” and filled out a “Citizens of Hope” badge saying that love gives her hope.
A Maple snare drum in Black Sparkle Lacquer was donated by Natal Drums. Natal is owned by Marshall Amplification and was the last project Jim Marshall himself oversaw before his passing in 2012. Natal is focused on only high end, professional drums, hardware and percussion and after a very successful launch in the UK in 2011 is available here in the States. People can visit us online at www.nataldrums.com or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/NatalDrums.
Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top planned to visit Ken Wolfson Designs’ downtown studio for a First Friday soon to check out his artwork and eclectic décor. The two bonded and Billy texted him the next day so set plans.
Ken Wolfson is a local Las Vegan best known for his Design and Development work of The Avenue, a 5 story Ultra Luxury Mixed Use Boutique building near Downtown. During his work on The Avenue, he was published in the Las Vegas Review Journal, Nevada Business Press and Luxury Las Vegas Magazine and noted as the most innovative place to have a wedding along with the Bellagio and Wynn Casino.
Ken Wolfson’s work is known as the best-kept secret in Las Vegas. Sources + Design touted Ken in a full editorial feature, recognizing his talents chosen over a field of competitors from the Las Vegas Design Center. The featured home was a swanky modern custom home he designed for his LA clients as a fun Vegas get-away. Setting unique and harmonious moods characterized by vintage pieces mixed with modern flare, Ken Wolfson’s work is daring, imaginative and glamorous. Ken Wolfson’s new Studio recently opened in the heart of the Las Vegas Arts District, encouraging people to visit and discuss their projects in a comfortable eclectic design lounge setting on First Fridays and throughout the week (open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 5 PM and by appointment).
Ken Wolfson supports the Downtown Project, and Las Vegas 18b Arts District and is excited to be a part of the happening design, arts and entertainment scene exploding in Downtown Vegas thanks to Tony Hsieh and Zappos Downtown Project. www.kenwolfson.com
Bar Sponsored By:
Buffalo Trace Bourbon was the drink of choice for Darius Rucker. Handcrafted by the world’s most decorated distillery. Stand strong. www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/buffalo-trace
Florida Georgia Line beelined it to belly up to the bar for their preferred drink with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky- Tastes Like Heaven, Burns Like Hell. www.fireballwhisky.com
Big Dog’s Brewing Company was a hit with Jake Owen is dedicated to brewing exceptional beer. Our beers are handcrafted in small batches and our passion for brewing flavorful beer shines best when consumed fresh and close to the source. We are proud to be Las Vegas’ hometown brewery since 1993. www.bigdogbrews.com