ACM Entertainer of the Year Luke Bryan wrapped touring for 2013 after closing his headline tour over the weekend. The “Dirt Road Diaries Tour,” which sold-out all dates in advance, along with the fifth annual eight-city “Farm Tour 2013” shows, saw Luke perform for a total of 1.3 million fans this year.
Luke’s debut with his first major headline tour made a huge impact with the industry and fans alike with 2 nominations at the upcoming Billboard Touring Awards in the Breakthrough and Eventful Fan Choice categories.
Concert review critics throughout the tour’s run credited Luke for his seasoned ability to entertain a crowd.
- “Bryan had this electric, youthful crowd in his palm before he started singing. The show, which sold out in a flash, was a testament to one of country’s brightest lights, a performer who’s vocal and musical chops are aligned with his star quality showmanship,” declared the Grand Rapids Press Gazette.
- Cmt.com claimed, “With this tour, Luke Bryan has clearly gone to the next level. Add this enjoyable concert to the mounting evidence that he does belong on country’s A-list.”
- “Charisma is definitely a word you could use to describe his bond with an audience,” said billboard.com. “From the opening this was the kind of hit-filled show where the crowd sang along with every lyric,” shared the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- “Bryan didn’t just sell out Germain Arena, he kept the fist-pumping, booty –shaking crowd in a two-hour frenzy,” said the Naples Daily News.
- The Orlando News Sentinel wrote in their show review, “performing on stage equipped with spotlights, strobes, fog and video effects, Bryan had no trouble making sparks.”
- The Tennessean expressed this after two-sold out dates in Nashville, “With an easy, genuine smile, charisma to spare and he understands how to use every tool in his arsenal to keep the audience engaged.”
The “Dirt Road Diaries Tour” was nationally promoted by Live Nation. Cabela’s, the World’s Foremost Outfitter of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, was a tour sponsor while Citi was the official credit card of tour.
Luke, who hit No. 1 with his latest single “That’s My Kind of Night,” will launch a new tour in January, “That’s My Kind of Night Tour,” with the first leg kicking off on January 16 in Columbus, Ohio at the Schottenstein Center and will perform eighteen shows through March 8 and will feature Lee Brice and Cole Swindell.
Be looking for his new single very soon!