Capitol Records Nashville recording artist Darius Rucker will release his third country studio album, True Believers, on May 21. Darius wrote ten of the twelve tracks on True Believers, produced by Frank Rogers, and the album features the Top 20-and-climbing critically-acclaimed single “Wagon Wheel” written by Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show, based on a sketch by Bob Dylan.
“I’m very proud of this record,” Rucker reveals. “The songs, the co-writes, the vibe – it’s all really different from what we’ve recorded and released on the past two albums, and I hope that difference resonates with the fans.”
Rogers, who also produced Learn To Live and Charleston, SC 1966, shares, “When we were recording True Believers, we had Darius record a lot of the vocals for this album in his hometown of Charleston. I think as a result of that relaxed setting he was more experimental vocally, and honestly, he sang better than ever before.”
Rucker’s first two country albums, Learn To Live and Charleston, SC 1966 both topped the Billboard Country album chart and produced five No. 1 singles including “Come Back Song,” “This,” “Alright,” “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” and “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It.”
In 2009 Rucker was named New Artist of the Year at the CMA Awards. Most recently, he achieved a personal goal and childhood dream when he was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry on October 16, 2012. Rucker will kick off his True Believers Tour on May 9 in Estero, Florida, visiting more than 20 cities across the U.S. before wrapping up in Clarkston, Michigan on June 30th.
True Believers Track Listing:
- True Believers (Darius Rucker, Josh Kear)
- Miss You (Darius Rucker, Frank Rogers)
- Wagon Wheel (Bob Dylan, Ketch Secor)
- Love Without You (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally)
- Radio (Darius Rucker, Luke Laird, Ashley Gorley)
- Lost In You (Darius Rucker, Mark Nesler, Phillip White)
- I Will Love You Still (Darius Rucker, Josh Kear)
- Take Me Home (Darius Rucker, Frank Rogers, Monty Criswell)
- Shine (Darius Rucker, Frank Rogers)
- Heartbreak Road (Darius Rucker, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins)
- Leavin’ The Light On (Darius Rucker, David Lee Murphy, Phil O’Donnell)
- Lie To Me (Darius Rucker, Rodney Clawson, Bob DiPiero)
For more information, please visit dariusrucker.com.