Hot new duo Florida Georgia Line has more than enough holiday cheer to wrap up the year. The newcomers have topped the Country radio charts – earning their first U.S. #1 – with their debut single “Cruise,” which has been certified PLATINUM by the RIAA for selling over 1 million copies. Tomorrow (12/4), they will release their aptly-titled debut album, HERE’S TO THE GOOD TIMES, on Republic Nashville.
“We’ve been completely amazed by what ‘Cruise’ has done. To have our debut single sell over a million and be #1 on the week our debut album is out. … we are so thankful. We can’t wait to meet all of you out on the road,” said FGL’s Tyler Hubbard of Monroe, Georgia.
FGL’s Brian Kelley from Ormond Beach, Florida agreed, “I remember jokingly telling Tyler when we were recording that ‘Cruise’ was going to sell a million copies and I can’t believe it’s actually a reality. We’ve been working so hard to give our fans something they can bob their heads along to and a way for them to get to know us a little more. We think this album accomplishes that and has something for everyone.”
Fans and Superstars – Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Jennifer Nettle’s (Sugarland) and Dierks Bentley – alike have been buzzing about the duo. With their infectious lyrics and buoyant melody, “Cruise,” has consistently remained in the Top 5 on the iTunes Country Singles Chart and the Top 10 on the iTunes All Genre Singles Chart.
Producer Joey Moi (Jake Owen, Nickelback) showcases FGL’s fresh and exciting sound, which is drawn from an eclectic mix of influences ranging from country to hip-hop, on the 11-track project. The duo penned six of the songs on the standard release as well as the two bonus tracks on the Target exclusive.
- Cruise (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Joey Moi, Chase Rice, Jesse Rice)
- Round Here (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Thomas Rhett)
- Get Your Shine On (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins)
- Here’s To The Good Times (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Lynn Hutton)
- It’z Just What We Do (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson)
- Stay (Joey Moi, John Fred Young, Chris Robertson, Jon Lawhon, Ben Wells)
- Hell Raisin’ Heat Of The Summer (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Craig Wiseman)
- Tell Me How You Like It (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Chris Tompkins)
- Tip it Back (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson)
- Dayum, Baby (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson, David Lee Murphy)
- Party People (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, J.T. Harding)
- What Are You Drinkin’ About (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Craig Wiseman) *Target Exclusive
- Country In My Soul (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Jennifer Zuffinetti) *Target Exclusive
FGL has sold-out multiple headlining shows and is opening for Jake Owen on the “CMT On Tour,” giving fans a preview of the new music in recent months. In January 2013, they’ve been selected to open on Luke Bryan’s “Dirt Road Diaries Tour.”
For tour dates and more, visit FloridaGeorgiaLine.com.