CMA Entertainer of the Year and Coach on NBC’s hit TV show “The Voice” Blake Shelton joined jcpenney at Westfield Culver City and wrapped up the jcp Holiday Giving Tour – a 12 day tour across the U.S. in which jcpenney carried out a special act of generosity in a new city each day.
Shelton gave an exclusive, live holiday performance for shoppers and fans in the Westfield Culver City parking lot right in front of the jcpenney store. Shelton performed an acoustic set of songs from his Christmas album “Cheers, it’s Christmas,” along with other chart topping hits. A special introduction was made by Republic Nashville recording artist and former “The Voice” contestant RaeLynn followed by a short holiday and country set.
Throughout the set Blake Shelton revealed many interesting facts, including his 2013 New Year’s Resolutions!!
- Blake shared that Christmas hasn’t changed for him – even at 36 years old – he still wakes up to his stocking from Santa at his home.
- Blake joked that it’s really difficult to shop for Miranda because she has everything already!
- New Year’s plans? Blake and Miranda plan to relax at home, drink champagne and watch fellow “The Voice” personality, Carson Daly countdown to New Year’s.
- Blake’s New Year’s resolutions: 1. To win “The Voice” twice in 2013. 2. To clean up his language. 3. To stop being so controversial on Twitter.
- Blake’s biggest accomplishment of 2012: winning CMA Entertainer of the Year and hopefully winning “The Voice!”
- Blake is looking forward to finale of “The Voice” with his two team members and thinks no matter the outcome, they have a long career ahead of them!
- Blake compares this final round of “The Voice” to the excitement he felt when stepping in to Nashville to try and get a record deal! He thinks the best ending is a tie with his two!
- Miranda surprised Blake by making him his traditional on-stage drink… but, this time it was pink! He told the crowd that she knows how to make a good drink despite the color!
Country cutie RaeLynn even revealed a fun fact! She has Beiber Fever!! When asked about her Justin Bieber watch, RaeLynn was quick to tell fans that she loves Bieber and Miranda got her the watch as a gift – her favorite present all year!