Today, American Express, in partnership with VEVO and YouTube, announced that multi-platinum-selling music superstar Kenny Chesney and director of Academy Award®-winning films “Silence of the Lambs” and “Philadelphia” Jonathan Demme have been selected as the latest iconic pairing in the “American Express Unstaged” music series. Chesney’s exclusive 75-minute performance will be livestreamed at 8:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM PT on Wednesday, June 20 at www.YouTube.com/KennyChesneyVEVO. Fans can also watch the live event on VEVO’s free mobile apps for iPhone®, iPad®, Android™, and the YouTube mobile website. The stream is also available on VEVO’s Xbox Live app. The global event will come one day after Chesney’s 13th studio album, entitled WELCOME TO THE FISHBOWL, hits stores. Compliments of American Express, more than 20,000 Chesney fans, most of which are American Express Cardembers, got free tickets to this special performance, the largest concert in history to be held on the beach in Wildwood, N.J., amongst the vacation destination’s classic boardwalk, roller coasters and ferris wheel.
“This is going to be an unforgettable experience for fans in Wildwood and those enjoying the livestream wherever they are,” Chesney said. “Working with Jonathan Demme to bring together elements of my new album to this classic American beach boardwalk venue has been terrific.”
“It’s a thrill to help bring to life Kenny Chesney’s extraordinary vision and engage his die-hard fanbase for this one-of-a-kind collaboration on the American Express Unstaged livestream platform,” said Demme.
Music enthusiasts and American Express® Cardmembers will be able to digitally connect to the performance in ways that further blur the line between an the at-home and in-concert experiences, including:
• Twitter Fans Unlock Special Show Features: Chesney’s fans at the show in Wildwood and those enjoying the livestream will have the chance to unlock special enhancements to the show with the increasing number of tweets posted during the performance using designated hashtags that will be revealed during the show.
• Rebroadcast: Following the live performance, Chesney’s “American Express Unstaged” performance will be rebroadcast for 12 hours at www.YouTube.com/KennyChesneyVEVO. Following the rebroadcast, fans can watch clips of the concert on YouTube, Twitter, and XBOX Live, via the VEVO application.
Exclusive Specials for Cardmembers
American Express created the “American Express Unstaged” music series as a means for delivering premium music experiences to fans everywhere. For Chesney’s June 20th performance, Cardmembers can take advantage of a variety of exclusive offers and experiences:
• Free Music Downloads: Beginning today, and for a limited time only, Cardmembers can download a free copy of Chesney’s hit single “Come Over” by visiting iTunes at http://amexunstaged.com/kennychesney.
• Valuable Purchase Offers: Fans who register for Serve® from American Express will receive a statement credit when they spend or more on their first purchase. Serve is a digital prepaid account that’s loaded with features and benefits. Use the prepaid card everywhere American Express Cards are accepted in the U.S. And use it to send and receive money online, mobile, and on Facebook. Get the app for your iPhone®, Android™, or Windows® Phone.
• Sync and Save: Music-loving Cardmembers who sync their eligible American Express Card with their Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare accounts at Sync.AmericanExpress.com can unlock savings and experiences to fuel their passion for film and entertainment. Special offers will be announced during Chesney’s livestream performance.
Brought to life globally by online music leaders VEVO and YouTube, Jonathan Demme (Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs, and Rachel Getting Married) will provide fans with a visually stunning digital viewing and in-venue experience. The creative and dynamic pairing of Kenny Chesney with Jonathan Demme builds on previous duos such as Usher and Hamish Hamilton, Jack White and Gary Oldman, and many more.
Kenny Chesney’s “American Express Unstaged” performance will be the 10th installment of the innovative digital livestream series created by American Express, in partnership with VEVO and YouTube. For more information about American Express and music, please visit http://www.americanexpress.com/entertainment.