Straight-talking Country star Trace Adkins has a knack for narrow escapes – his resulting appreciation for life’s ups & downs is the basis of his 10th studio album, PROUD TO BE HERE. Show Dog – Universal Music will release the new album, as well as a deluxe edition with four additional tracks, next Tuesday, August 2, 2011.
As of today (Friday 7/29) Trace will stream his entire new album – including bonus tracks – exclusively from his official iPhone application. The app is available for download at http://bit.ly/traceapp. Following this weekend’s exclusive app debut, fans can stream the entire record via his official website www.traceadkins.com and Facebook page on Monday.
On release day, August 2, Trace will perform his new hit single, “Just Fishin'” on The Today Show and fans can tune in to Extra that evening to see Trace at his Nashville farm where he and his family sought refuge after their recent house fire. The next day, Trace will perform on Fox & Friends (8/3). Then he’ll talk in depth on Piers Morgan Tonight (8/10) and match wits on Chelsea Lately (8/11).
Also in August: He will be a featured artist in ABC’s “CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock” (8/14), while a two-hour History Channel special, You Don’t Know Dixie, includes Trace relating impassioned tales about the South, how it shaped America and his personal stories about growing up in Louisiana (8/17).
In September, Trace will play a roll in commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11 by performing a special USO concert for troops and their families at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. In keeping with his tireless and varied work to honor the troops, this concert will mark the singer’s sixth USO tour. Also that month, Trace will return to the oil rigs he worked before his music career for a special episode of the new GAC series, “Day Jobs.” Trace fearlessly takes cameras through the exhausting requirements of being a ‘roughneck’ for a day for the episode that premieres on September 14 on Great American Country (GAC).
PROUD TO BE HERE was recorded in the Spring of 2011 and produced by Kenny Beard and Mark Wright. Continuing Trace’s fifteen year tradition of offering a range of material, the album contains songs full of humor alongside emotional songs that showcase deep sentiment,
The album’s Deluxe Edition includes Trace and Blake Shelton (courtesy of Warner Bros. Records) on the hilarious “If I Was a Woman,” co-written by Trace Adkins, Sherrie Austin, Jeff Bates and Kenny Beard.
Trace’s own co-writing is more prominent on PROUD TO BE HERE than on previous releases – a fact he attributes to the creative environment he has established on his farm outside of Nashville. The farm didn’t only inspire new songs, it also recently served as the location for the “Just Fishin’” music video, starring youngest daughter, Trinity Adkins.
FULL TRACK LIST BELOW:
1. Proud To Be Here (Chris Wallin, Aaron Barker, Ira Dean)
2. Million Dollar View (David Lee Murphy, George Teren)
3. Days Like This (Trace Adkins, Casey Beathard, Kenny Beard)
4. That’s What You Get (Rivers Rutherford, Aly Cutter, Kenny Beard)
5. Just Fishin’ (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell, Ed Hill)
6. It’s A Woman Thang (Craig Wiseman, Jim Collins)
7. Love Buzz (Casey Beathard, Kendall Marvel)
8. It’s Who You Know (Rivers Rutherford, Wendell Mobley, Kenny Beard)
9. Poor Folks (Ray Scott, Phillip Moore)
10. Always Gonna Be That Way (Dallas Davidson, Chris Tompkins)
11. Damn You Bubba (Chris Wallin, Bruce Wallace)
12. More Of Us (Casey Beathard, Phil O’Donnell)
13. If I Was A Woman ft. Blake Shelton courtesy of Warner Bros. Records (Trace Adkins, Sherrie Austin, Jeff Bates, Kenny Beard)
14. Semper Fi (Trace Adkins, Kenny Beard, Monty Criswell)