The reigning ACM New Solo Vocalist of the Year, EMI Records Nashville’s Eric Church, will release his highly-anticipated third studio album, CHIEF, tomorrow, Tuesday, July 26, featuring the Top 15 critically-acclaimed hit “Homeboy.”
USA Today named “Homeboy” their Pick of the Week and Billboard raved “the singer/songwriter has never hidden his rock’n’roll sensibilities. But there’s no doubt he’s country to the core…. [“Homeboy”] does a fine job of bridging the gap between twang and tilt.”
The single is not Church’s only material receiving praise. Critics have responded enthusiastically to CHIEF in early reviews:
– “ . . . one of Nashville’s sharpest young songwriters, and on CHIEF the rock guitars and twangy blues are set against big hooks and finely grained storytelling.” – Rolling Stone
– “ . . . one of Nashville’s most detail-oriented songwriters…the honesty of his confessions can sear.” – Entertainment Weekly
– “ . . . this is one of the most enjoyable listens in country music this year.” – American Songwriter
– “Every good artist reaches a watershed moment and Eric Church has arrived at his with ‘CHIEF.’” – The Boston Globe
– “ . . . brimming with blow-ups, kiss-offs and a few salty tears between the sneers…Church knows how to tell a story.” — The Washington Post
– “Hail to the ‘Chief’ of country music” – The Virginian-Pilot
For CHIEF, Church has once again teamed up with Producer Jay Joyce (Patty Griffin, Cage the Elephant, Emmylou Harris). Joyce produced previous releases SINNERS LIKE ME (2006) and CAROLINA (2008) which have produced six Top 20 hits (“How ‘Bout You,” “Two Pink Lines,” and “Guys Like Me” from his 2006 critically-acclaimed debut; “Love Your Love The Most,” “Hell On The Heart,” and “Smoke A Little Smoke” from his RIAA Gold® Certified sophomore release CAROLINA).
Church will celebrate the release of CHIEF the way he celebrates all the important milestones of his career – with his fans. A sold-out New York City crowd will be treated to an intimate performance on July 26 at Bowery Ballroom for “CHIEF: Deconstructed” where Church and many of the songwriters from the album will share the stories behind the songs they penned during Church’s month of seclusion in the North Carolina cabin.
1. Creepin’ (Eric Church / Marv Green)
2. Drink In My Hand (Eric Church, Michael P. Heeney, Luke Laird)
3. Keep On (Eric Church / Ryan Tyndell)
4. Like Jesus Does (Casey Beathard / Monty Criswell)
5. Hungover & Hard Up (Eric Church / Luke Laird)
6. Homeboy (Eric Church / Casey Beathard)
7. Country Music Jesus (Eric Church / Jeremy Spillman)
8. Jack Daniels (Eric Church / Jeff Hyde / Lynn Hutton)
9. Springsteen (Eric Church / Jeff Hyde / Ryan Tyndell)
10. I’m Gettin’ Stoned (Eric Church / Jeff Hyde / Casey Beathard / Jeremy Cradey)
11. Over When It’s Over (Eric Church / Luke Laird)
Church will continue to make appearances in support of the release including upcoming shows through October on Toby Keith’s “Locked and Loaded Tour.” For more information, please visit www.ericchurch.com.