ACM Lifting Lives® and the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities will partner again for the 2nd Annual ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp this summer, June 26-July 1, 2011, in Nashville, TN. Country superstars Gary Allan, Little Big Town, Darius Rucker, Carrie Underwood and Wynonna along with hit songwriters Odie Blackmon and Brett James and renowned producer Mark Bright have graciously agreed to volunteer their time with the special-needs campers, at various points throughout the week.
The Camp—a week-long residential program open to individuals with developmental disabilities, talented in music from around the nation—has a dual purpose of studying Williams syndrome and other developmental disabilities and providing music enrichment through performance and education. ACM Lifting Lives funds the costs of the Camp, enabling the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center to advance its mission of improving the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families through research, training and service.
Campers will participate in a songwriting workshop and recording session, culminating in a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry. At the Opry, campers will reprise their 2011 ACM Awards hit “Music from the Heart” and share an original song they will write at this year’s camp. Throughout the week, campers will also gain the invaluable experience of visits from top-tier country music veterans. Prior camps have featured artist visits from Kix Brooks, Julianne Hough, Eddie Montgomery, LeAnn Rimes and more. This year’s camp involves more artists than ever, including:
- Monday, June 27th – 9:30am-12noon: Songwriting Workshop with Gary Allan, Odie Blackmon & Brett James, at University School of Nashville.
- Tuesday, June 28th – 4:00pm-5:00pm: Visit to Manuel with Little Big Town, at Manuel’s on Broadway.
- Tuesday, June 28th – 5:00pm-8:00pm: Dinner & Karaoke with Wynonna, at Winner’s Bar.
- Wednesday, June 29th – Recording Session with Mark Bright and Carrie Underwood (closed to media)
- Friday, July 1st – 7:00pm-8:00pm: LIVE Performance with Darius Rucker at the Grand Ole Opry.
For more information please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.