The Academy of Country Music and dick clark productions announced today that The Judds and Loretta Lynn will join the slate of previously announced country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood on Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country – The Concert of the Year. All honorees are scheduled to perform and be honored at the taping on Monday, April 4, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will air on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network.
Throughout the concert, each presenter will perform a solo and occasionally duet with their honoree. Duets include Ronnie Dunn with Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts with Reba, Vince Gill with Carrie Underwood, as well as special performances by Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton and more to be announced. Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country – The Concert of the Year is a special tribute concert featuring an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today’s most incredible country music female artists, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy for special achievements in their careers. Ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives, the charitable arm of the Academy.
Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country – The Concert of the Year honorees include:
- The Judds – Will be recognized for being the ACM’s most award-winning female duo having won Vocal Duo of the Year seven years in a row, 1984 – 1990 and Song of the Year in 1984 for “Why Not Me.”
- Miranda Lambert – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in 2007 and again for Revolution in 2009.
- Loretta Lynn – Will be recognized for her amazing 50-year career as a leading female artist in country music, which includes being the only female artist to win Artist of the Decade, Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year.
- Martina McBride – Will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment; McBride has won Female Vocalist three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003.
- Jennifer Nettles – Will be recognized for being one of only two female artists in the Academy’s history to ever solo write and perform the winning Song of the Year, in 2007, with “Stay.”
- Reba – Will be recognized for winning Female Vocalist more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times.
- Carrie Underwood – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year’s work.) Underwood has won Female Vocalist three times and has won a total of 10 ACM Awards.
Tickets for Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country – The Concert of the Year are on sale NOW at Ticketmaster, priced at $200, $150, $100. Ticket proceeds will go to ACM Lifting Lives.
For more information on Girls’ Night Out or the ACM Awards, visit ACMcountry.com or follow us on Twitter at @ACMawards for more immediate updates!