American Express announced today that Grammy award-winning country music sensation Sugarland will perform at the Best Buy Theater in New York City on October 18 as part of “Unstaged: An Original Series from American Express.”
It was also announced that award-winning filmmaker Kenny Ortega (This is It, High School Musical, Dirty Dancing) will direct the performance. The show represents the third installment of American Express’ “Unstaged” program, which launched in July, and is the latest offering from American Express in partnership with VEVO, the leading premium music video and entertainment service, and YouTube, to feature five live-stream concerts with some of today’s most talented musicians and directors.
The performance, which will feature surprise musical guests, will be live-streamed at 9:00PM/ET at www.youtube.com/sugarlandvevo and coincides with their highly anticipated fourth studio album, The Incredible Machine, arriving in stores on October 19.
- Choose Your Cam: The audience can control their viewing experience throughout Sugarland “Unstaged” by switching between the director’s main stream and alternate “front row” vantage points of the night;
- Vote for the Encore: Fans at the concert and the online audience can collectively decide on the encore performance of the night through real-time Web and mobile voting;
- Digital Mementos: Viewers who participate via mobile phone will receive Sugarland “Unstaged” downloads, including exclusive photos of the night, wallpapers, and more;
- On-line Pre Show: Building anticipation of the night, viewers who tune in early to the live-stream will catch an exclusive segment on Sugarland;
- Tweet The Band: Fans can tweet questions to #amexsugarland for a chance to have them answered by the band during the Pre-Show; and
- “Fly Away” Sweepstakes: Via mobile phone, fans can enter to win a VIP trip to see Sugarland on their Incredible Machine Tour, anywhere in the continental US.